This blog is dedicated

This blog is dedicated to Nancy, who gets it.

IDEA



Although always fascinated by the female voice, it wasn’t till I was playing Caliban in The Tempest four years ago that I seriously contemplated the idea of gathering a bunch of female vocal tracks: actresses who were not known as singers yet were required to sing in a film. Hmmmmm....

Like many, I’m drawn to car wrecks and one side of this project was to see how bad a performance could be. But the main reason was because I love the vulnerability of singing, particularly in the untrained voice. I think the warmth I felt in the cast of The Tempest allowed me to be more vulnerable than usual. My performance benefited from that, and I was interested in finding that among known actresses who dared to take a leap into the unknown world of song.


RULES

No actress can be repeated.

No film can be repeated.

EXECUTION

LP to CD conversion.

DVD to audio conversion.

No comments:

Post a Comment